Are you a proactive and independent Project Controller who knows how to tackle things and can be the connecting link between finance and the project? Read on!
We are looking for you!
In our Business Control team, we have an open vacancy in the role of Project Controller. We invite you to strengthen our finance team!
Are you navigating the future with us?
Navigating the future
Working at Anthony Veder means operating in a world where sustainability is important. We are always looking for new ways to challenge the status quo, developing technological and logical solutions to help our clients reach their goals.
At Anthony Veder, we work in a culture full of trust, openness, and creativity. Always keeping an eye on the long term. That is how we became pioneers in the maritime industry.
What you (may) expect
As a Project Controller, you will be part of the Business Control department, part of the Finance department. The Business Control department is responsible for collecting, monitoring, and analyzing all financial project information and delivering trustworthy financial data.
The objective of the position of project controller is to support the asset manager in collecting, monitoring, and analyzing financial project information related to the longer-term maintenance (capital expenditures) of the vessels in your cluster. Think of surveys that are planned every 2.5 years for each vessel and vessel modification projects at the request of our customers. This information is translated into easy-to-understand financial reports used to periodically inform all stakeholders of the project’s progress in terms of execution of the technical scope, expenses, and time schedule.
You have the following duties and responsibilities:
- You draw up a project plan (budget) and you periodically prepare the financial progress report with an analysis of the project. Think of costs/time schedule vs. Planning In addition you ensure that timely approvals are received from our executive board in line with our CAPEX process, and monitor spending against set approval limits
- You monitor and control the entire project administration and make recommendations for improvements
- Together with the project team you evaluate project risks and their impact on project costs and/or time schedule
- You prepare a quarterly forecast with 5 quarters ahead to anticipate capital expenditures for the vessels in your cluster, which is aligned with relevant stakeholders
- You identify large spend patterns for the vessels in your cluster (i.e. on main engine, aux. engines) and align with our tactical purchasing team for possible savings on future (contractual) commitments
- You act in accordance with applicable legislation
What we offer
- A dynamic and challenging role in a growing organization with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, with growth opportunities.
- A job in an informal, familiar, and open culture with your colleagues in diverse backgrounds.
- A lot of vitality initiatives, like boot camp every Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Flexible working hours
- Company laptop and phone
- A competitive salary that fits your experience
- 28 vacation days
- Premium-free pension plan
- Travel allowance in the form of an NS Business Card, facilitated from the office.
- Working from home in your own office.
- Working in our beautiful office in Rotterdam’s shipping district.
What we are looking for
- You have at least HBO+ level, for example Economics and/ or Controlling
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- You can draft financial reports and have excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge and experience with Power BI and Microsoft Dynamics is an advantage
You recognize yourself in the following characteristics:
- You have excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English
- You have strong analytical skills, you are independent and you have the skill of how to proceed in an unforeseeable situation.
- You have a proactive attitude and approach people easily
- You know how to motivate people to actively participate if the project progress requires it, and you can keep control of processes
Do you have questions or if you would like to find out more about this vacancy?
Please contact us! Join Anthony Veder as our new Project Controller.
Get to know you Phone call
Fill in your details below and apply directly