Marine Assurance Officer
Marine Assurance Officer
Are you experienced in relationship management and are you creative in solving challenges? Are you pro–active and skillful in improving our operations and analyze the performance on board of tanker vessels? If so, read on!
What you can expect
As a Marine Assurance Officer you assure that our vessels are performing according to the expectations in this industry. How do you do that?
Your core assignment is to assure industry compliance and maintain the vessel approvals with our clients. You are in daily contact with our customers, vessels and different departments within Anthony Veder. You mitigate risks by anticipating and coordinating all steps of the inspection process. Because of your influencing style you feel comfortable to address the different perspectives of both internal and external stakeholders to get on the same page. With a helicopter view on the fleet performance and the expected results you see where improvements are necessary and possible. You easily connect with people who are important for the processes. This helps you to lay the grounds for the improvements or necessary changes which you propose (and then implement) for the fleet and office. Through coordination you give guidance to the vessels and technical department. Lastly, you contribute to our fleet performance by conducting audits and sharing knowledge, you are the guide on investigating incidents.. Together with your colleagues in the Marine Assurance department you get the opportunity to develop and improve the operations and analyses on the performance.
In addition, you
• Are customer focused and the first point of contact for vessels, customers and office staff on Marine Assurance
related questions regarding incident reporting and vessel approvals
• Visit and sail on the vessels to conduct audits and assist the crew during inspections
• Guide and advise from planning until completion on customer inspections and audits on board our vessels
and in the office
• Keep up with regulations and implement new and future regulations on board our vessels and in the office
• You advise, activate and follow–up with Vessel Managers and Crewing Managers on corrective and preventive
actions because of customer inspections
• You closely cooperate with our commercial department on vessel’s acceptance and screening results.
• Assist with the implementation of customer requirements and industry best practices.
• A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial character in an international team
• A competitive salary
• An employer financed pension scheme
• 28 vacation days
• An informal and open culture
• A completed bachelor’s degree or demonstrated analytical level (Business Administration, Engineering, Maritime)
• Skilled in reasoning with a variety of people
• A creative and problem–solving attitude
• know when the devil is in the detail, and you need to be accurate
• Excellent relationship management skills
• Interested in developing improvements that will take our Marine Assurance to a higher level
• Prepared to travel and to sail on our vessels (on average between the 20 and 30 days per year)
• A maritime background will be an advantage
Get to know you Phone call
Fill in your details below and apply directly