Do you have an affinity with commercial subjects and maritime transport? Are you looking for an exciting position within the maritime industry?
We are looking for you!
In our operations team, we have an open vacancy in the role of Broker. We invite you to strengthen our Operations team!
Are you navigating the future with us?
Navigating the Future
Working at Anthony Veder means operating at the heart of the transition to a more sustainable world. We are always looking for new ways to challenge the status quo, developing new technological and logistical solutions to help our clients reach their goals. We work in a culture of trust, openness, and creativity. Always keeping an eye on the long term. This is how we became pioneers in the maritime industry.
As a Chartering Broker you will be a part of the chartering department based in Rotterdam. The chartering department is responsible for the contracts of affreightment as well as time- and spot charters of our gas tankers, making this department responsible for the largest part of our turnover and profit. Your daily work will consist of negotiations and concluding various types of contracts with customers, scheduling of the fleet, contract management, cooperating closely with other departments in the office to realize maximum utilization of the fleet and keeping a clear overview of the market and developments.
what you (may) expect
• Communicating and coordinating with various internal and external parties, always focusing on quality, service and reliability for our customers;
• Arranging/attending meetings and conferences to stay in touch with customers worldwide;
• Monitoring the progress and financial results of the various contracts and voyages.
What we offer
• A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial character
• A competitive salary
• An employer-financed pension scheme
• 28 vacation days (fulltime)
• Combining working from home and at our beautiful office in Rotterdam’s shipping district
• An informal and open culture
What we ask
• Bachelor degree/level and affinity with commercial issues and maritime transport;
• Fluent in English (written and verbally);
• Quality driven with excellent communication skills;
• Strong team player;
• Strong negotiating skills with a focus on customer satisfaction;
• Able to work under pressure and cope with deadlines;
• A flexible approach to working hours when required;
• Experience in tanker shipping is preferred.
About Anthony Veder
Anthony Veder is an innovative company! In recent years, our fleet has more than doubled from 15 to 31 gas carriers. Dynamic and innovative projects make us frontrunners in our market. This is most visible in the Small-Scale LNG carriers and LNG-fueled Ethylene carriers we operate. We are expanding our fleet in Europe, besides pursuing opportunities in Asia, the Pacific, and the Caribbean.
Get to know you Phone call
Fill in your details below and apply directly