Are you an ambitious purchaser who likes to work in a challenging technical and maritime environment? Do you get a thrill from working under pressure and handling negotiations with suppliers? Read on!
Navigating the Future
Working at Anthony Veder means operating at the heart of the transition to a more sustainable world. We are always looking for new ways to challenge the status quo, developing new technological and logistical solutions to help our clients reach their goals. We work in a culture of trust, openness, and creativity. Always keeping an eye on the long term. This is how we became pioneers in the maritime industry.
To guarantee a safe, environmental friendly and customer focused gas shipping service, we are looking for a maritime purchaser to reinforce our team. As a maritime purchaser you handle all purchase related activities for your group of assigned vessels, this makes you the key person in this process. This means you will arrange all contracted and non-contracted spare parts; services and logistics at the best price, quality and lead-time. Furthermore, you coordinate the dynamical logistical process ensuring everything gets on-board as agreed, regardless at what part of the world the vessel is trading. Supported by your eagerness, you are able to find fitting solutions for complex and urgent situations. You will become a key figure in the whole process, since you will be communicating with all kind of different stakeholders such as our Crew, Vessel Managers, Operators and your suppliers.
The dynamic of supplying vessels gives you energy! And because of your experience you are able to perfectly sense priorities and manage expectations of all stakeholders, you take ownership to get the job done! Of course, you don’t have to do this on your own, you will become part of our Technical Department which includes 5 colleague purchasers. Your working location is our marvelous office in Rotterdam’s shipping district.
Additionally, what you can expect is:
• Explore the business needs and send requests for quotes and analyze suppliers’ offers;
• Select the supplier offers based on the best price, quality, lead–time and the needs of the ship;
• Set–up periodically and ad–hoc shipments for supplies to and return goods from the ship;
• Follow up on outstanding requisitions, Purchase Orders (PO) and lead times to ensure in–time delivery for
• Maintain data correctly in the Planned Maintenance System (PMS) Bassnet;
• Improve our procedures and buying strategy! As a user of the PMS your input is important to optimize the
• Manage purchasing contracts and evaluate the contract with the suppliers on a frequent base;
• Liase with tactical purchasing and provide input to improve contract management;
• Liase with the Vessel Managers and crews on your vessels, do onboard visits to connect and learn.
What we offer
• A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial character
• A competitive salary
• An employer–financed pension scheme
• 28 vacation days (full–time)
• Combining working from home and at our beautiful office in Rotterdam’s shipping district
• An informal and open culture
• Accuracy, pro–activeness and flexibility;
• Ability to plan and prioritize;
• Strong communication skills;
• You are decisive in a high pace environment;
• You see the bigger picture, have humor and put things into perspective;
• Effective communication in English, both spoken and written;
• Preferably a completed Bachelor education in Business Administration, Transport & Logistics, or similar,
combined with some years of experience in a shipping company.
Get to know you Phone call
Fill in your details below and apply directly