Safety Expert (SHEQ Officer)
Are you experienced in developing and improving the safety on board our vessels? And do you get energized by coaching and training teams and individuals in an international maritime industry?
If so, come and strengthen our SHEQ team!
Navigating the future
Working at Anthony Veder means operating in a world where sustainability is important. We always look for new ways to challenge the status quo, developing technological and logical solutions to help our clients reach their goals.
At Anthony Veder, we work in a culture full of trust, openness, and creativity. Always keeping an eye on the long term. That is how we became pioneers in the maritime industry.
What you (may) expect
A good SHEQ department is essential if we are to develop a mature safety culture throughout the organization and improve safety and environmental awareness on board. You have an important duty in this department: you proactively support and advise the organization on safety awareness and on health, environmental and quality issues.
Your core assignment in this position is to develop and maintain our safety culture. You are a people person that loves to interact. With that you take initiative to continuously improve our safety culture which includes our manning agencies. Also, you contribute to safety on board our vessels by conducting audits, giving training, sharing knowledge, investigating incidents and advising the crew.
• You visit and sail on the vessels to conduct audits;
• You carry out safety culture assessments throughout the company;
• You answer questions about safety raised by the officers and crew on the vessels;
• You investigate and report on incidents;
• You provide feedback on near miss reports and risk assessments on a daily basis;
• You give safety, environmental and quality training courses on board the vessels and in the offices;
• You implement new and future regulations;
• You carry out shipyard audits & evaluations;
• You are actively involved in risk and security-related assessments of the fleet operation;
• A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial character;
• A competitive salary;
• An employer-financed pension scheme;
• 28 vacation days;
• A beautiful, readily accessible office in Rotterdam’s shipping district;
• An informal and open culture.
• You have completed a Bachelor’s degree in safety or equivalent;
• You have experience with safety culture programs (e.g. Dupont, Hearts and Minds / NINA or equivalent)
• You have affinity with coaching and giving trainings;
• You are prepared to travel and to sail on our vessels;
• You are prepared to travel on average between the 40 and 50 days a year;
• You are accurate and you are a team player;
• You have a good verbal and written command of English;
• You have excellent communications skills;
• A nautical background will be an advantage.
Get to know you Phone call
Fill in your details below and apply directly