Do you think as an entrepreneur and do you get energized of directly influencing our financial results with your actions? Read on!
As Tactical Buyer your core objective is to drive reduction of the total costs of ownership of our fleet. You will directly influence the financial results of our company. How we expect you to do that? Through analyzing internal demand, you anticipate how the external supply should be architected. This can include anything: from contracts (long/mid-term) to supply chains optimizations in- or externally. If you know a better solution – Go for it!
You like crunching numbers to develop a business case and leverage it both in- and externally. And you use your network and industry knowledge to negotiate that cost-effective long-term solution you proposed. Both technically as economically you know what you are talking about. The maritime industry is a highly dynamic industry. So, performing under time pressure and maintaining quality is an energizing factor for you.
You are part of the Technical Operations team and report to the Technical Director.
You’ll have the chance to:
- Build business cases to improve our current contracts / supply chain;
- Analyze internal demand / external supply;
- Manage tender processes;
- Find room to negotiate and optimize contracts;
- Manage contract implementation;
- Continuously analyze and seek improvements on above mentioned situations;
What we expect:
- A bachelor of master’s degree in a technical area (e.g. Mechanical / Electrical engineering, etc.);
- Demonstrable experience with procurement / purchasing / buying in a heavy, high demand industry;
- Skilled in relationship building and maintaining;
- An entrepreneurial character that sets high-quality standards for her/himself.
- A challenging job with a great deal of responsibility;
- A market-oriented salary with non-contributory pension plan;
- 28 vacation days;
- Marvelous, readily accessible offices in Rotterdam’s shipping district;
- An informal and open culture!
Want to know more?
In case you would like to have more information about this vacancy, please contact:
HR Business Partner
T: +31 10 4004 800