SHEQ / Compliance Officer
Are you experienced in upholding and improving the corporate safety policy on board of our vessels? And do you get energized of coaching and training teams and individuals in an international maritime industry?
If so, come and strengthen our SHEQ team!
What you can expect
A good SHEQ department is essential if we are to convey our safety policy to all our vessels and improve safety and environmental awareness on board. You have an important duty in this department: you support and advise the organization on safety awareness and on health, environmental and quality issues.
Your core assignment in this position is to develop and maintain the safety culture. You are a people person that loves to interact. With that you take initiative to continuously improve the safety culture which includes our manning agencies. Also, you contribute to safety on board our vessels by conducting audits, sharing knowledge, investigating incidents and advising the crew.
In addition you
- Visit and sail on the vessels to conduct audits;
- Are the first point of contact about safety, regulatory affairs and sustainability for the crew and officers;
- Investigate and report on incidents;
- Give safety, environmental and quality training courses on board our vessels and in the office;
- Keep up with regulations and implement new and future regulations on board our vessels and in the office;
- Assist our vetting department with the implementation of customer requirements and industry best practices.
- You have completed a Bachelor’s degree in safety or equivalent or similar demonstrated analytical level;
- You have affinity with coaching and giving training;
- You are prepared to travel and to sail on our vessels (on average between the 30 and 40 days per year);
- You are accurate and a you connect easily with other departments;
- You have excellent communications skills and a good verbal and written command of English;
- A nautical background will be an advantage.
- A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial character;
- A competitive salary;
- An employer financed pension scheme;
- 28 vacation days;
- A beautiful, readily accessible office in Rotterdam’s shipping district;
- An informal and open culture.