Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, like a dynamic environment and do you also know your technical CAD drawings? Read on!
To ensure that we can further expand our fleet worldwide, our Business and Fleet Development department is of great importance. The aim of this department is to further expand our market position by concluding new contracts and building “state of the art” gas tankers. As a Naval Architect you are part of a dynamic team consisting of enthusiastically driven professionals including business developers and technical specialists such as a process engineer, electrical engineer, project engineer and mechanical engineer.
In this position you are closely involved in new construction projects, to expand our fleet, and technical improvement projects to optimize the performance of our existing fleet.
You are expected to act as project leader within your specialism. You also find it a challenge to come up with technical high-level solutions in your specialism and to translate these into clear specifications. You are responsible for coordination with engineering firms and yards.
It appeals to you to challenge the work delivered by engineering firms and subcontractors. You report to the Manager Business and Fleet Development.
What to expect
- Manage design and engineering projects, with responsibility for scope, budget, planning and quality;
- Make estimates and project plans for new design and engineering projects;
- Be a recognizable specialist/ point of contact for customers, suppliers and engineering companies. Quickly anticipate their wishes / needs;
- Translate these into concrete actions;
- Contributing to the sales process as a technical expert (perhaps growing into it);
- Work on design from concept to detail engineering, initiate and implement innovative solutions.
What we expect
- MSc Degree Naval Architect or similar;
- Preferably 2 to 6 years’ experience in the shipbuilding or offshore industry in a position as Proposal / Structural Engineer or Naval Architect;
- Demonstrable experience in reading and reviewing technical CAD drawings, calculations and (CFD) design reports;
- Abstract thinking and ingenuity, with the drive to be of value at different levels;
- Demonstrable experience in time management;
- Good communication skills in English.
What we offer you
- A growing organization with an entrepreneurial character in an environment in which you can develop;
- A competitive salary;
- 28 vacation days;
- Premium free pension;
- A marvellous and easily accessible office in Rotterdam’s shipping district;
- An informal and open culture.
Want to know more?
In case you would like to have more information about this vacancy, please contact:
HR Business Partner
T: +31 10 4004 800