Do you get enthusiastic of researching and presenting your financial findings to management? And to formulate adequate advice and proposition for optimizing our business? This might be interesting for you!
Anthony Veder is looking for a Business Analyst to strengthen the business control team! The objective within Anthony Veder is to support management with insights/forecasts to better anticipate future changes and developments. What you may expect is by rationalizing the decision-making process with quantifications and visualizations, the management should be enabled to make better decisions. Through your helicopter view you can identify the root causes of problems, in close cooperation with your business owner.
Business Control focuses on four topics to support this objective: Drive the planning and control cycle (forecasting), improve management reporting (both financial and non-financial figures, both periodical reports and real-time dashboards), support project control, make ad hoc fleet/vessel/department analyses. The Business Analyst reports to the Business controller.
Furthermore, you are responsible for:
- Autonomously draft and support BI reporting and BI dashboards;
- Identifying and reporting deviations and bottlenecks through analyses within the company;
- Making proposals for improvement of the business;
- Contributions in the quarterly rolling forecasting process, with five quarters looking forward each quarter;
- You are an advisor for other departments;
- Various ad hoc analysis activities;
- Assisting in various projects.
What we expect
- A completed Bachelor education with a financial / business orientated angle;
- 2 years of relevant work experience in a financial analytical role;
- Experience with Excel;
- Being able to work in a structured and project-based way and to think problem-solving;
- You easily connect with the people in the organization;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
What we offer you
- A growing organization with an entrepreneurial character in an environment in which you can develop;
- A competitive salary;
- 28 vacation days;
- Premium free pension;
- A marvellous and easily accessible office in Rotterdam’s shipping district;
- An informal and open culture.